Sunday, December 1, 2013

Year Three: Day One!

I'm baaaaaack!!! I am SO excited to be back for year 3! It feels like my favorite television show has been renewed!!! (Which is unfortunately not the case... R.I.P. SMASH.) Your favorite part of the holiday season (besides Jesus and family...) is HERE!

First off, I'd like to thank everyone who is a fan of this blog for keeping it going! Without you, I'd just be that weird kid who wore a bunch of Christmas sweaters his senior year of college that everyone made fun of... Which is probably still the case, but at least my humor is somewhat appreciated. :)

I'm really pumped about my batch of NEW sweaters this year. I have 25 brand-new (relatively speaking) sweaters to share with everyone!! No repeats from the last two years, and nothing purchased from Walmart or similar stores. These are all outfits I purchased from thrift shops and Goodwill. Let me tell ya... There are quite a few gems in my stash. I was looking at pictures from last year... And trust me. This year will be BETTER! Hooray!!

 So... With out further ado...


DAY ONE!

I already have a humorous story about this one. I had to lead music at church this morning, so I figured I'd dress it up a little bit by adding a bow tie.  Now as you know, adding a bow tie instantly makes your outfit 15 times sexier. It's a proven fact. It's science. SO... I kept getting compliments. I was told I looked "so cute" and "dashing" and "handsome." Not quite what I was going for... But I'll take it!!!


As soon as I saw this sweater, I instantly thought of the musical Forever Plaid. Not that the show is a Christmas musical, just you know... plaid... You see my train of thought here. Theatre nerd. Anyway. Plaid Christmas trees are kind of awesome!

This sweater isn't *that* bad... But let's remember that this blog is designed to start of somewhat mild and to build our way to extremely tacky by the time we get to Christmas Day. I'm so excited.

SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY:
In addition to adorable pictures of me every day, I'm starting a new segment to my posts. I'm going to post a Christmas album that I'm listening to. It will be a different one each day. It's merely a suggestion, but it's another way I can share my favorite part of the holiday season. If you feel so inclined, you can go find the music on iTunes/Spotify/Google Play/YouTube/however you get your music. Then you can hear it and know that I'm listening to the same thing, and we can feel all warm and snuggly together. How precious! 


For today's album, I chose Emmy Rossums' Carol of the Bells (2007).  It's only a 3 track EP, so if you find yourself needing to ease into the Christmas tunes, this is a good start! I've been a big fan of Rossum for a long time. She's an actress (Phantom of the Opera, HBO's Shameless) and she has a killer voice. Her version of "Carol of the Bells" is one of my all-time favorites. If you like her stuff, check out her other full-length albums: Inside Out (2007) and A Sentimental Journey (2012).


CONNECT AND SHARE:
Be sure to share this blog with all your friends and family! "Like" my official Facebook page!

A while back, I asked some friends if I should have a fancy official hashtag and what it should be... And the majority vote was #SweaterSwag. So, while it's not my favorite, it's what we're gonna roll with! But, I also came up with one of my own. So, if you share this blog on the social media, be sure to use the hashtags #Brennans25Days and #SweaterSwag.

Also, I want to see your Ugly Christmas Apparel too!! If you have any pictures you want to share, email them to me, and I'll put them on my blog! Also, if you have any suggestions, I'm open to those too! Just shoot me an email as well. 

I'm also considering doing some sort of Q&A sometime this month, so send me your questions as well! Links are posted below.

So that's it for today! I hope everyone's December is of to an amazing start. It's crazy that it's the end of the year! 2013, where did you go?!

Remember to check back every day!

Stay tacky, 

Brennan 


Pictures/Suggestions/Questions: brennansethtracy@gmail.com

Personal Twitter: @BrennanTracy
Personal Instagram: @brennanseth

No comments:

Post a Comment