Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Year Five, Day 1!


IT'S THAT TIME OF YEAR AGAIN! 

Can you believe this is the 5th year of this blog?! This year completely snuck up on me. Usually by this time, I have all my sweaters numbered and ready to go and have most of my Christmas shopping complete. This year... None of that is done! I've had to scramble to get things ready for the blog today. But, I think I'm ready. Maybe.

If this is your first time here, HI!!! Welcome! A brief history of my blog: when I was in college, I thought it would be hilarious to wear ugly Christmas sweaters for the first 25 days of December as a countdown for Christmas. Over the last year or two, I added Christmas mugs and Christmas music. That's basically it!

If you're a returning visitor, welcome back! I'm excited to take this Christmas journey with you yet again!

I'm going to be honest. I was a bit reluctant to start my blog up for the 5th year in a row. It's not that I haven't enjoyed it in the past... but there are three main reasons why I considered giving it up. First, this year has been insanely busy. I feel like I've been running non-stop since January! I got a new full-time job as well as a part-time job, performed in a musical, directed a musical, did a play, and sang with 2 choirs... Not to mention a bunch of changes in my personal life. The blog is a lot of work, and I was worried that I don't have the time to dedicate to make it "bigger and better." (My apologies if this year is a bit lackluster. ) Second, it's really expensive! Since Christmas Sweaters are becoming more popular every year, it's harder to find them in thrift stores. Brand new sweaters can be extremely pricey. Over the last few weeks, so many people have sent me links saying "Oh you need this one!" I'm extremely flattered, and I love looking at them... But I can't buy them all! Third, some family members are tired of it. "You're seriously doing that again?" Ok, thanks.

All that being said, a bunch of people have told me how much they are looking forward to my blog. That's why I decided to give it another year! We'll see how it goes! I've got some good sweaters this year. Since I work in marketing at a movie theater now, I have a few sweaters that will go along with some holiday movie events. That should be fun. Let's get started!

Once again, please pardon my terrible camera. I might be getting a new one soon.... 
Remember that time I used to be a photography major? LOL

DAY ONE


You think after doing this the last 4 years, I'd learn to pose and not look like an idiot. NOPE!

Ew.



OKAY! So by now, you should know they drill. I always start of "mild" and work my way to the ugliest of the year. So, this one isn't too bad. But is it flattering? Nope!
It's got snowmen on it. 




I really don't have much else to say about it. It's not that bad!! 


MUGSHOT


My grandma gave me this mug! 
She was at a thrift store and thought of me! 
How sweet of her! 


GUEST SUBMISSIONS

Remember! I want to feature your sweaters too! 
All you have to do is email me your pictures, and I will feature them on my blog.
brennansethtracy@gmail.com


SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY.

I'm kind of in a Whitney Houston mood today!



CONNECT AND SHARE




That's all for day one! We're just getting started! 
I'm excited to see where this year takes us! 

Stay tacky,

- Brennan Seth Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment