Friday, December 2, 2016

Day Two: Beaded Evergreen

I've come to realize that I need to more on top of my game when it comes to my blog posts this year. With my new job, I have to get up earlier than usual because I work in a different time zone. Plus, I won't have as much time during the day because I do have a more structured schedule now. No big deal and I'm definitely not complaining, but it just means that I'll have to write my posts at night for the following day. Hopefully, this means that you'll be able to see my posts at a more consistent time of day rather than just at random times whenever I find a free moment or decide to stop procrastinating and sit down to write. How do real bloggers do this? (Hey, Christina! Do you have any tips?)

A quick recap of some events from yesterday (Well, today since I'm writing this the night before... Hmm. I'll just say yesterday since you'll be reading it tomorrow. But now it's today. Ok now I'm confusing myself. ANYWAY.) I got some pretty great feedback from the sweatshirt! One guy who came into my office said, "You are literally killing everyone with that sweater, but like in the best possible way!" Also, I got so much great feedback from people on Facebook. I'm glad that everyone is excited that I'm doing this again! I love you all.

Let's move on to today's sweater.


YEAR SIX. DAY TWO. 

Oh Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree!


At first, I thought this was a homemade sweater, but on further inspection, it indeed was printed like this. Also, I enjoy that the garland is made from what appears to be ribbon and Mardi Gras beads. 


HOWEVER. It seems strange to me that there is only one strand of garland and a few bows. There are literally no other decorations. You would think that there would be more? Ah well. Our Christmas tree isn't even up yet, so I shouldn't judge this sweater. That sentence didn't make much sense. 

I rarely wear white shirts because I always ruin them with food. So, let's see how long I can wear this one without trashing it. But I believe I only paid like $2 for this one at a thrift store, so I'm not *that* worried. 


GUEST SUBMISSIONS! 

Honestly, my favorite part of this blog is when people send me pictures of their Christmas sweaters. It makes me feel like this blog is a collaborative effort, and it makes me so happy that other people are spreading the joy of Christmas apparel. 

I had 3 guest submissions yesterday! HOORAY! I'm so PUMPED! 

First, my friend Hannah sent me a picture of her outfit today! 


I literally told her to stop being so cute (but then I told her that I was kidding and to NEVER stop being cute). I do love the gingerbread men on her vest! She even had festive socks! 


She went "all out wintery." Perfect. 

Next, we have Resa and MaryAnn and their adorable sweaters they wore to school today! YES. I just love them. 


Last, but definitely not least, Ashlee had a Christmas party at work yesterday and rocked a Christmas sweater over her scrubs. Her boss LOVED it just as much as I do! 



MOVIE OF THE DAY
  

I can already hear a bunch of people saying, "But Brennan! The original is so much better!" I hear you, and I probably agree with you. However, I remember watching the 1994 version of Miracle on 34th Street the most growing up. I remember particularly enjoying it because of Mara Wilson. As you probably well know, she was also in Matilda. I remember wanting to be her best friend. (PS have you read her autobiography Where Am I Now? yet? I highly recommend it!) The movie also has Dylan McDermott in it, and really think he's the best. Here is a cute scene between them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b7zrVFpXU4. You can also find the entire movie on YouTube. 


SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY

So, I didn't know Jane Lynch had a new Christmas swing album! I was surprised to find out, so I found it on Spotify, hit play, and then immediately texted my friend Tyler about it. It's fun! Check it out. 



CONNECT AND SHARE

Send me your pictures and I'll feature them on my page! brennansethtracy@gmail.com.

Also, make sure you go “like” my FACEBOOK page and “follow” the TWITTER account.

If you want to be my friend, you can also follow my personal Twitter and Instagram.


That's all I have for today! I hope you liked it! Have a wonderful day!

Stay tacky,
Brennan

No comments:

Post a Comment