Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Day Six: A Very Harry Christmas

Once again, I got a lot of good feedback from people who saw my ornament sweatshirt. Comments ranged from "It looks like Christmas threw up on you" to "WHO thought that design was a good idea?!" I was very pleased. 

Today's sweater is one of my favorites for nerdy reasons, so I'm really excited to share it with you! You may have already seen this one online, and I wouldn't say it's really ugly. However, I did want to have a few more themes this year, and I couldn't pass it up! 



YEAR SIX. DAY SIX. 


When I was growing up, Harry Potter was banned from my house. I was not allowed to read any of the books or watch any of the movies. Word on the street was J.K. Rowling co-wrote the books with Satan. Okay, maybe that wasn't really what people were saying, but a lot of conservative families were acting that way. Perhaps my mom thought I was going to start practicing witchcraft. So, I was a bit behind everyone else in the Wizarding World. When I got to college and my family stopped caring what I read, I finally dove into reading the books and fell in love. I binge-read them all (Is binge reading a thing?), and finished all the movies just in time to see the last one in theaters. Much to my mother's dismay, I am now the Supreme in my own coven. (Just kidding.) 


Now, this sweater feels more winter-like than Christmas, which is one of the reasons why I decided to feature it so early in the blog. But it has poinsettias on the sleeves, so it counts! 


At the time of writing this, I'm so exhausted that I can't think of anything else to write about... So here's another picture of me looking (in my opinion) adorable.


Not pictured: the Harry Potter boxers I'm also wearing. If you'd like to see those, send a private message. 

Awhile back when I dressed up as Newt Scamander for Halloween, my aunt shared my photo on her Facebook and said made a funny "warning" to parents that if you deprive a child from Harry Potter, they will love it even more as an adult. There may be some truth to that... ha!


MOVIE OF THE DAY. 

The Harry Potter films are for any time of year, but the first one has a great Christmas scene. In fact, it's one of my favorite scenes in that movie.


I love the way Harry's face lights up when he realizes he has presents under the tree. So adorable. 



SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY

Literally this on repeat forever.



CONNECT AND SHARE

I want to see your awesome sweaters!  Send me your pictures and I'll feature them on my page! brennansethtracy@gmail.com.

Also, make sure you go “like” my FACEBOOK page and “follow” the TWITTER account.

Stalk me! Here are my personal Twitter and Instagram links.


Stay tacky,
Brennan


P.S. Enjoy this gif for no particular reason.



No comments:

Post a Comment