Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Day Thirteen: Patriotic Santa?

Ok, this is about the time in my blogging where I start to run out of things to say. Someone said that this year was my best so far, so I'm feeling the pressure to make every post incredible! I'm not sure I'm really succeeding, but I'm trying the best I can while juggling all the chaos that life throws at me. I'm also writing this right after yesterday's post, so I doubly feel like I've run out of things to say. Ah well, let's see what I come up with now...



YEAR SIX. DAY THIRTEEN. 


Warning: mini-rant ahead. When I found this sweater vest, I thought it was kind of cute at first. It has that weird "Americana" home decor theme going on. You know what I'm talking about. You've seen that stuff in craft stores or "antique" stores. The more I studied it, the more irritated I became. 


Whoever made this obviously got The 4th of July and Christmas mixed up. I'm just generally confused. 

First, why is Santa wearing red, white, and blue? I hate to break it to you, folks. SANTA ISN'T AMERICAN.  Saint Nicholas was a fourth-century Greek bishop, not to mention there are legends of "Sinterklaas" from the Netherlands and Belguim and "Father Christmas" from England and other versions across the world. Plus the modern day version Santa Claus lives at the North Pole, which is in the middle of the Artic Ocean. Santa has never been an American. 

Second, there is what appears to be a very creepy looking angel holding a banner that says, "I love America." Ok, cool... But I'm pretty sure angels wouldn't say that. I'm not saying that angels wouldn't love America... But isn't their main reason for existence is to love and serve God? 

Third, what is that snowman holding? A jump rope made of stars and hearts? Umm, okay. Whatever. I'm just done.

I could go on and on, but I decided to keep it short.


MOVIE OF THE DAY


Apparently, there has been some debate on the internet about which Christmas movie is better: Love Actually or The Holiday. I love them pretty much equally, so I really can't decide. What do you think? 

While Cameron Diaz is hilarious in this movie, Kate Winslet's storyline is my favorite because it's WAY TOO RELATEABLE. 



SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY

Ah, Leslie. You're Burr to so many people, but you'll always be the beautiful (yet way too underutilized) Sam to me. (RIP SMASH). 




CONNECT AND SHARE

Send your pictures to brennansethtracy@gmail.com, and I will feature them!

Also, make sure you go “like” my FACEBOOK page and “follow” the TWITTER account.

Follow me on my personal Twitter and Instagram accounts. Whatever.



Have a FAB day!

Stay tacky,
Brennan



No comments:

Post a Comment