Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Day Twenty: Christmas in Stars Hollow

Good afternoon, friends!

About a week and a half ago, I got at Snapchat from my friend Hannah (whom you have probably seen featured numerous times on this blog).


She was catching up on my blog, and put a twist on a quote of my favorite shows of all time. GILMORE GIRLS. 



I promptly took a screenshot and told her that I was going to use it on my blog for a specific sweater I was going to wear later in the month.  Are you ready for it?


YEAR SIX. DAY TWENTY.


I found this sweatshirt on Etsy a month or two ago. I knew that I NEEDED it so I could feature it on my blog. It's a reference to one of the most loved/quoted moments of the series. 


I didn't watch a lot of the show when it aired the first time. I remember seeing it advertised and I caught a couple episodes here and there. About 7 or 8 years ago, I watched a whole bunch of reruns on TV one summer, so I was pretty familiar with the series. It wasn't until Netflix announced their revival series that I decided that I need to watch it all from the very beginning. I binged it this year and I finished in plenty of time to be prepared for Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life.


Throughout the show, Lorelai Gilmore has a love affair with snow (and coffee). She can always smell the snow right before it starts falling. It happens multiple times over the seven seasons, but here is one of my favorite times...


In the opening scenes of the revival series, it happens again. Did I cry? You bet I did. 


Now, I had this vision in my head that I was going to wait to wear today's sweater when there was snow on the ground and I could take a picture in front of our town's gazebo as a nod to the infamous gazebo in Stars Hollow... 


Plus it would make the "I Smell Snow" sweatshirt so much more perfect. However.... IT HASN'T SNOWED HERE AT ALL. The closest we've gotten so far was freezing rain. I had hoped to wear it earlier in the month, but I kept pushing it off waiting for snow... I'm running out of time! So, I had to make due without. 


So just pretend that there is snow in this picture for me, okay?

Here's a close up of the sweatshirt:


Oh goodness. I'm ready to start the show over again from the beginning. Also, here's another famous scene from the series and it features Lorelai and Rory wearing Christmas sweaters.


Yep. It's time to watch the series over again. Care to join me? I've got the coffee! 



GUEST SUBMISSIONS!

Melanie texted me a little bit ago and said, "Behold! For I bring you tidings of great joy!" WELL SHE SURE DID!



She makes tacky look so pretty!!! I love love LOVE her outfit!

Now this isn't really an outfit, but Hannah was watching Gilmore Girls last night and she was sending me SnapChats... I thought they were funny so I wanted to share them. 




MOVIE OF THE DAY


I was skimming through a list of every movie that's referenced in Gilmore Girls, and I saw that they had referenced Christmas Vacation in season 5 episode 17. Good enough reason for me to make it today's movie! 



SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY

Paul Anka. The person, not the dog.



CONNECT AND SHARE

Send your pictures to brennansethtracy@gmail.com, and I will feature them!

Also, make sure you go “like” my FACEBOOK page and “follow” the TWITTER account.

Feel free to stalk me on my personal Twitter and Instagram accounts.


Stay tacky,
Brennan



1 comment:

  1. Love love love!!!! ❤️🎄 Monkey monkey underpants!

    ReplyDelete