Monday, December 1, 2014

Year Four: Day One!

WE'RE BACK!!!! 

[Insert Hallelujah Chorus here, because that's obviously what Handel had in mind when he wrote that part of the Messiah. Just kidding. That's kind of sacrilegious. Please forgive me. Ok thanks. Bye. ]

Can you believe it?! Year four! This is crazy. What started out as a weird attempt to be somewhat "cool" my senior year of college has become this insane Christmas tradition.  I seriously thought it would be a one time thing.  I had so much my first year! Looking back at year two, it's obvious I was having a rough time in my life, because I hardly put any effort into it. Perhaps I was subconsciously trying to end what I had started? However, year three rolled around, and I found they joy again. I had so much fun last year, and I've been SO excited for this year! 

SO! Without further ado... 

YEAR FOUR, DAY ONE! 


I thought it would be appropriate to kick off this year with one of the happiest mice I know! (To be honest, I don't know very many happy mice... There's Mickey, Minnie, Cinderella's crew... and that's about it. Maybe. Not the point.) 



Now, I can already hear you saying, "BUT BRENNAN! Mickey Mouse isn't ugly or tacky!" Let me just say as someone who is obsessed with Disney... I hear you. But let's be honest. Anything that has Mickey Mouse on it is a little bit tacky. You also have to remember that each year I have to start off small and then build up the closer we get to Christmas. That's the nature of this blog! 

So there we have it! Day One! So exciting! 


CHRISTMAS MUGS

Something new for this year! As many of you may know, I am a huge coffee and tea enthusiast. One of my favorite things is collecting mugs. Recently, I've collected a bunch of Christmas mugs. I thought it would be fun to have a Christmas mug of the day to go along with my sweaters. What do you think? Fun idea?! Let's see how this goes! 


A "Cup Full of Cozy!" How cute! This is my latest addition to my collection. I saw it in Walmart the other day, and it was an impulse buy. Mugs make me happy. Go get one today and we can match! 


SOUNDTRACK OF THE DAY

I had the idea last year to give out music suggestions each day. It was a good idea in theory, but I was discussing it with friends and I discovered that it wasn't executed properly. I should have posted links so my readers don't have to searching for it. It's all about convenience! So I'll put the Spotify playlist on my blog for you! You're welcome!

The first album this year is Idina Menzel's new holiday album! You don't know who Idina Menzel is? Okay, Patrick, you can stop living under your rock now. You obviously know her as "Kate" from the Off-Broadway production of Andrew Lippa's The Wild Party in 2000. 





CONNECT AND SHARE

I'm attempting to take over the internet! Will you help? 
And don't forget! I'm always accepting pictures if you want to be featured on my blog! 
I want to see your ugly Christmas sweaters! 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/25daysofuglychristmasapparel
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Brennans25Days
Tumblr (in process): http://25daysofuglychristmasapparel.tumblr.com/
Email: brennansethtracy@gmail.com


Personal Twitter: @BrennanTracy
Personal Instagram: @brennanseth


I think that's enough to throw at you for one day! 
I hope you're ready for this exciting journey to Christmas!

Stay Tacky! 

- Brennan

1 comment:

  1. I am SO excited to listen to Idina's Holiday Album. I absolutely love her voice. I didn't know she had a new album until today! Thanks for the share, Brennan, and I'm excited to see what tackiness this year holds!

    ReplyDelete